Kristas Stamp Spot

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Elegant Cupcake

So I got the Elegant Lines embossing folder with my last order.  I've seen so many beautiful cards made with this folder.  However....I'm having a hard time finding a project that I actually like once I've made it!  Have you ever had that happen?  I see great stamp sets and great samples and then I get the set and everything I make is horrible!!  And now I'm having the same creative block with this folder...argh!  Oh well, I guess I'll just keep trying.  This card is one of my better attempts....lol.  The color combo is Mambo Melon, Pear Pizzazz and Blushing Bride.  I used the Create a Cupcake set and coordinating Build a Cupcake punch.  I added a little ribbon and a button for embellishments.  I finished with a few pearls.  Thanks for stopping by!

Edited to add - There was a question regarding the scallop rectangle I used to mat the cupcake.  This is a retired SU product.  They are called "Hugs" notes.  They were in last year's Occasions mini.  Hope this helps!

4 comments:

Corinne said...

I think it looks great! I love looking at your beautiful creations - thanks for the inspiration, and keep it up!

Christine Blain said...

Krista, this is a gorgeous card. I love how the embossing looks in the background, and I love the colours you've used with this super-duper-cute stamp set!

Mommie2Quads said...

Love the card, please share what die or cricut cart you may have used for the scallop rectangle. Thanks

Anonymous said...

A most elegant yet pretty card..wish my scallop turned out like yours but it still looked good.