Kristas Stamp Spot

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mercy's Tuesday Sketch - MTSC78

Here's a quick card I made for Mercy's Tuesday sketch - MTSC78.  I just love the bright cheerful colors in the Island Oasis DSP.  However, I've been having a hard time using the piece with the big tropical flowers.  I finally decided to use it as my focal point for this sketch.  I think the paper speaks for itself and doesn't need a lot of distracting embellishments.  I like the way this turned out.  For stamps I used the new set Perfect Punches.  I cut the big flower with the Island Floral die.  For colors I used Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive and So Saffron.

3 comments:

bonapartelady said...

Ohhhh, I like this.....it would be a good one for one of my stamp camp selections. Pretty, but not too labor intensive....LOL.

Pam Speidel said...

This is SO PRETTY Krista! Love the way you've used the dp and your flower embellishments are PERFECT too! Thanks so much for playing along with Mercy's Sketch Challenge this week! :)

Arielle H Gordon said...

Wow - this is BEAUITFUL!!! Great paper choice!