Kristas Stamp Spot

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Splitcoast Sketch Challenge SC303

I decided to play along with this week's sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers - SC303.  I just got some of the new crochet trim in my last order.  I made this vintagey card to go with the trim.  I don't usually do vintage projects but I like how this turned out.  My color combo is Marina Mist, Crumb Cake and Early Espresso.  I stamped with the set Because I Care.  I inked the flower with Marina Mist and then I colored a few random spots with my Crumb Cake marker.  The Crumb Cake strip is stamped with the wheel Very Vintage.  I don't normally buy wheels but I got this one and unmounted it.  This stamp rocks unmounted!  I don't know why I didn't do that sooner.  The large ovals are die cut with Nestabilites.  The sentiment is punched with an oval punch and layered on a die cut tag from the Sizzlet set Lots of Tags.   I used my color spritzer here and there to give it a more vintage look and finished with a couple pearls.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

bonapartelady said...

Very vintagey.....I like it. Isn't that unmounted wheel great???