Kristas Stamp Spot

Monday, May 16, 2011

Father's Day Card for Grandpa


I made this card for my Grandpa for Father's Day.  I think he'll like it.  I always struggle with masculine cards but I really like how this turned out.  I had a bunch of markers laying on my desk and I looked down and saw this color combo.  I thought it would be perfect with the On the Green stamp.  The colors are Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi and Tempting Turquoise.  I used my markers directly on the stamp to get all the different colors.  It was a little tricky since there is so much detail in this stamp but I think it was worth it.  I added a strip of Wild Wasabi embossed with the Square Lattice folder.  I also cut two zig zags with my Tasteful Trims die.  That's it....clean and simple.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

These colours look GREAT together, Krista! I also love how you've used the Tasteful Trim die and Square Lattice embossing folder; all perfect for a male card. Great job!

bonapartelady said...

Very cute....I've tried that with markers on this stamp but not very successfully....LOL.