Kristas Stamp Spot

Monday, May 30, 2011

Sail Away Birthday

Here's another new stamp I just got from the Summer mini.  This is a single stamp called Sail Away.  I absolutely LOVE it!!  I've mentioned in the past that I often struggle with masculine cards.  This stamp makes it soooo easy.  It makes a beautiful card appropriate for anyone.  I also used some of the new Baker's Twine.  I think this is my new favorite embellishment!  I often use linen thread on my cards and this is a nice substitute with just a touch of color.  My color combo is Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, and Crumb Cake.  I sponged my focal point first with Bashful Blue for the sky and Not Quite Navy for the water.  I also stamped the sail boat a second time and cut out the sails.  Then I popped these up on my stamped image to give it a little dimension.  My sentiment is from the set Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I added a corduroy button tied to my Baker's Twine to finish it off.  I think this will make a great card for my brother-in-law.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done! I like your color combo, your use or twine & button.