Thursday, August 20, 2009
Here's the second project I have planned for Sharon's workshop. Not much stamping on this but I really like how it turned out! This is the first card I've made with the Daisy die. I decided to use In Colors with a fall feel. The flower looks a little like a mum, don't ya think? I also used the Perfect Details Texturz plate for the background. It's subtle but very pretty.
Posted by Krista at 8:00 AM
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Here's the first project I have planned for Sharon's upcoming workshop. I used the stamp Dasher on this card. I colored directly on the stamp with markers to make his antlers two different colors. For the background I used a new embossing folder that will be available in the Holiday mini beginning Sept 1st. The patterned paper is also from the new mini. Lots of great products coming soon....
Posted by Krista at 9:16 AM
Monday, August 10, 2009
Dustin Pike has some great new winter/Christmas images. I got this one from my Mom. His stamps are really fun to color. I used Prismacolor pencils to color this and blended with mineral spirits. I think colored pencils are my new favorite tool. I just splurged on a full set and I really like having so many choices!!
Posted by Krista at 2:38 PM
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
I've been checking out stamps from a company called The Greeting Farm for awhile now. They have some super cute images. I finally placed an order last week. I love them!! I'm going to be spending some money with them in the future!
Here's my first project. The character is called "Anya". I colored this using colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits. It's a really easy coloring medium....makes blending a snap!
Posted by Krista at 12:52 PM
Monday, August 3, 2009
I haven't done a Splitcoast challenge in awhile so I decided to play along with the Limited Supply challenge this week. For this challenge you had to use a die cut for your focal image. I used the SU Lattice die. I also used all new In Colors and my favorite Razzleberry Lemonade DSP. I really like how this turned out!!
Posted by Krista at 12:54 PM
Sunday, August 2, 2009
I tried another new technique on this card. I stamped the background with bleach. It's something that will take a little practice but this turned out okay for my first attempt!! I think the trick is to use a darker cardstock and blot off the extra bleach solution. Give it a try!!
Posted by Krista at 8:02 PM
I tried a new technique on this card. It's called Joseph's Coat. It was really easy and a lot of fun! I started with glossy card stock and just swirled some ink across it randomly. Then I stamped the flowers with Versamark and embossed with clear powder. The final step is to go over everything with a sponge and a darker ink. The embossing powder resists the ink and you can just wipe it off the flowers, showing the swirls underneath. Easy!!
Posted by Krista at 7:56 PM