Kristas Stamp Spot

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Display Stamper Projects

I'm so excited about the latest opportunity offered by Stampin Up!  SU is looking for display stampers for their upcoming events and this year they are opening this up to all demos.  I'm very excited for the chance to be a display stamper!  In order to be considered I had to make 3 cards, 2 3D items and one scrapbook page.  Here are my projects.  Wish me luck!
I've been looking for a better way to store my markers and I thought these empty drink containers would be perfect!  I covered them with Floral District DSP.  I made the labels with the new photopolymer set called Designer Type.  This is the first project I've made with this new set and I love it.  I hope SU makes more of these clear stamps!  I used the Tasteful Trim die for the bottom scallop and I embossed the middle strip with the Needlepoint Border embossing folder.  I added some ribbon and a few pearls to finish it off.
My second 3D project is this cute little picture Post-It note holder.  I used chipboard for the base and covered it with Summer Smooches DSP.  I tied the two sides together with some Lucky Limeade ribbon.  I just love this picture of my baby Oliver when he was a puppy.  I'm definitely going to use this on my desk at work!  The cute little medallion is stamped with the set Ciao, Baby.  I punched that with the new small scallop circle punch and added a few designer brads. 
Here's my first card.  For this card I used the emboss resist technique.  I stamped the butterfly from the set Papillon Potourri in Versamark and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  I sponged Tangerine Tango, Gumball Green and Daffodil Delight over the top of my butterflies.  The sentiment is from the set Friendly Phrases. 
My second project is a little shabby chic.  I used the set Love & Sympathy for the focal image.  I used my markers to color directly on the stamp in Raspberry Ripple and Lucky Limeade.  My sentiment is from the set So Sorry.  I used some First Edition DSP in the background.  The bottom panel is embossed with the Fancy Fan folder.  I added a strip die cut with the Finishing Touches Edgelit.  I inked a few edges and finally, to give the whole card a little depth I used my color spritzer tool.
My final card uses the set Sweets for the Sweet.  I die cut the frame with one of the Apothecary Accents Framelits.  I pierced around the frame and popped the whole panel up on some dimensionals.  The bottom strip of DSP is from the specialty pack More Amore.  My sentiment is from the set Wishes Your Way.  I layered that on a couple circle punches and a scallop circle.  I used some rhinestones for embellishment in the center of my pinwheels. 
Here's my final project.  I just couldn't resist scrapping this adorable picture of my little guy.  What a cutie!  My banner uses the set Hearts a Flutter and coordinating die set.  I added a little texture to some of the pennants with several embossing folders - Square Lattice, Fancy Fan and Argyle.  My title is stamped with the Noteable Alphabet set.  The label is die cut with one of the Apothecary Accent Framelits.  The stamped border around the label is one of the new single stamps available through March 31.  The medallion embellishment is stamped with the set A Fitting Occasion and punched with several punches - Scallop Oval, Modern Label and circle.  I added some Naturals Designer buttons.  It's a little hard to make out in the photo but I stamped the background piece of First Edition DSP with a couple designs from the Flowering Flourishes set.

Whew....that's it!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

bonapartelady said...

Awesome projects! Good luck!

Julie Davison said...

Great projects, Krista!! Good luck! I hope you get picked!

Kitty A. said...

Love your projects. The cards are especially cute and creative. Hope you get chosen to be a designer!