Kristas Stamp Spot

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

ColorQ 52 Challenge

Here's my card for this week's ColorQ challenge - cQc52.  This week was a sketch challenge with any past color combination.  I chose cQc18 - Mambo Melon, Baja Breeze, Old Olive and So Saffron.  I really like this combo for a nontraditional Christmas card.  The bright, cheery colors are fun and retro!  The ornament is from the Tags til Christmas stamp set.  The sentiment is from the wheel Jolly Jingles.  I rarely buy wheels but I saw a great tip on Splitcoast.  I took the stamp off the wheel, mounted it on some EZ Mount cling foam and then cut the words apart.  I got 15 Christmas greetings for $8.50!  And it was surprisingly easy to cut apart.  Love this!  I embossed the mat behind the ornament with the Petals a Plenty folder.  The DSP is Candy Cane Christmas from the Holiday mini.  I added some ruffled ribbon and a Glimmer brad.  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

This is so PRETTY! LOVE the ornament but most of all the ribbon treatment with the sentiment!

Sylvia said...

What a lovely card, Krista! Thanks for playing the CQC! this week.

LeAnne said...

Wow, what a great idea for the wheel.....although I think my customers would probably faint if they saw what I did!!! Maybe after it retires!! Anyway, cute card, I love the corners punched the way you did!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty, love the bright and cheery colors!

Sandra Farrell said...

Beautiful card. If you are interested in colour challenges, please come join us this week at Stampin' Royalty. www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com