Kristas Stamp Spot

Monday, November 29, 2010

Splitcoast Clean & Simple - CAS95

This week's Clean & Simple challenge at Splitcoast was to include flowers in your design - CAS95.  I pulled out my favorite floral die - Daisies #2.  Since this is a clean and simple card I kept the design pretty basic.  I layered two cuts of each size daisy in Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz and Baja Breeze.  This was last week's color combo at Splitcoast - CC297.  I didn't get a chance to play last week but the samples really caught my eye so I decided to use it for this card.  I used a corduroy button for the center of my flower.  The sentiment is from the set A Word for You.  Finally I rounded the bottom corners of the card base to soften the whole design.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card! I love those colors together and really like how you put the button in the center of the flower. Wonderful card.
Lynn

Lola G. said...

I think this die is a lot of fun, and you're right -- the simpler, the better. The flower is so dynamic on its own.

Lola G. said...

I finally got around to making a couple of these cards. I did the largest petals in Tempting Turquoise, the middle petals in Pumpkin Pie, and the smallest in Rich Razzleberry (a wonderful combination suggested by the Color Coach). I used the Thinking of You and Happy Birthday sentiments from Curly Cute, and they look fabulous! I'll definitely be making more of these -- thanks again for the inspiration!