Kristas Stamp Spot

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Winning Card!

A couple months ago I entered one of Stampin Up's monthly contests and I won!  I was so excited!  Three free stamp sets....woo hoo!!  My project was published in this month's Stampin Success so I figured it was okay to post it.  I started by cutting the mat with a large Labels Framelit.  I cut a second label from copy paper and then used the next size down to cut out the center.  I adhered this to the first label with some Dotto and then sponged around the inside edge.  I left the mask on and stamped my images from the Field Flowers set.  I removed the mask and carefully sponged around the outside edge.  My sentiment is from the set Petite Pairs.  I popped the whole thing up on some dimensionals.  My ink colors are Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Old Olive.  This is a really simple technique with lots of wow factor.  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Rita W said...

Congratulations! It's a beautiful card and so worthy of a win! You do beautiful work. :)

Christine Blain said...

It's BEAUTIFUL, Krista! I love all the sponged layers, and the colours you've used. What a thrill, to win three stamp sets - congratulations! Well-deserved :)

Victoria said...

Just beautiful Christa! Congrats on your recent win. What better prize than free stamps!!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

bonapartelady said...

It's awesome. Congratulations!

Tawnya Bonnell said...

Wow. This is stunning!!

Susan Bednarz said...

I SAW this in Stampin' Connection and was immediately drawn to it, knowing that I would case it! Thank you for giving us a description of how to make it, along with the colors you used. Now which 3 FREE stamp sets did you choose? :)