Kristas Stamp Spot

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Birthday Cupcake


I haven't done much coloring lately so I decided to pull out my Crazy for Cupcakes set and my Watercolor Wonder Crayons.  I just got the updated colors in my last order.  I'm loving having all my colors again!  My color combo is Marina Mist, Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake.  The sentiment is from the Something to Celebrate hostess set.  The DSP is from two different packs - Sunny Garden and Tea & Crumpets.  I diecut the Pretty in Pink floral pattern with the Tasteful Trim die.  I added some pearls to my cupcake and finished with some ribbon and a brad.  Thanks for stopping by!

Edited to add - There was a question regarding coloring on the Crumb Cake card stock.  I colored directly on the card stock with my crayons and then blended slightly with my blender pen.  You have to be careful with the blender pen because it can cause the card stock to pill.  I started with the lightest color and gradually added darker colors in various places for shading.  Blending very carefully each time I added a new color.  Hope this helps.  It's a great way to color even if it is a little time consuming.  Colored pencils would work the same way and probably wouldn't need as much blending.  Maybe I'll try that next time!

2 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

oh ~ this is gorgeous!! i love your style and looking around your blog! thanks for sharing your talents.

Sharon Graham said...

Saw this on SCS and had to get more details. Did the WWC work on crumb cake or did you do a layer of white as a base or what? LOVE it.