Kristas Stamp Spot

Monday, January 3, 2011

Valentine Card with Inlaid Embossing

I made this Valentine's card for a couple challenges on Splitcoast.  The challenges were to use hearts with the color combo Basic Black, Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla.  I used the Heart to Heart punch.  I layered these on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and then ran the whole thing through the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I've seen this technique on Splitcoast and thought I'd give it a try.  The embossing folder has a very fine detailed pattern so the hearts become almost embedded in the cardstock.  It's a neat effect.  The background of my embossed panel was stamped with Itty Bitty Backgrounds.  The sentiment is from the set Well Scripted.  The small heart embellishment is from the set Tiny Tags.  I used a couple circle punches and the scallop border.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: