Kristas Stamp Spot

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Leaves of a Tree

This stamp is another sneak peek from the Holiday mini.  This tree is a single stamp called Leaves of a Tree.  The artwork is beautiful.  I'm still working on good ways to showcase it but I thought I'd start with the emboss resist technique.  I stamped the tree in Versamark and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  Next I sponged Early Espresso ink over the whole thing.  I used my Circle Scissors Plus to cut it out.  It's just a little bit too big for a large circle punch.  The background panel was done with the Fancy Fan letterpress plate.  I added some embellishments in First Edition DSP.  The flower rosette was punched with the Blossom Bouquet punch.  I punched three and inked the edges.  I added an antique brad to the center.  The sentiment is from the set You're a Gem.  My color combo is Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Early Espresso and Very Vanilla.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I looked at this stamp but wasn't sure I liked it, mainly because I had no idea what to do with it! Thanks for inspiring me. I love this card.