Kristas Stamp Spot

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Up, Up & Away Birthday Scene

I've seen some really great cards made with the Up, Up & Away set lately.  I decided to try my hand at creating a little scene for this card.  I sponged the background to look like sky and then stamped the birds and clouds.  I stamped my three balloons and then cut them out.  I sponged the edges with a little Crumb Cake ink to give them some depth.  I popped these up on dimensionals.  My sentiment is from the Create a Cupcake set.  I glued it to a piece of chipboard from the Merry Medley set.  I added a few pearls at the top because the Happy Birthday ended up a little lower than I was planning.  Good place for an embellishment, right?  I rounded all the bottom corners and embossed the card base with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.  My color combo is Early Espresso, Peach Parfait, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi and Baja Breeze.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: